head of operations
Founded in summer 2012, betahaus Sofia has made a big name in the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Bulgaria and is widely used as a synonym to coworking. Since the very beginning we host, educate, entertain and boost a new generation of leaders.
We are a proud member of the betahaus network with spaces in Berlin, Barcelona and Hamburg. Our members create a healthy mix of some of the most disruptive companies in Bulgaria, digital and marketing agencies, global tech companies, corporate representatives, designers, architects and other amazing freelance brains.
this year we are growing
we are looking for an experienced Head of Operations to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and established processes across all locations. You will be responsible for the efficiency of the business and will be reporting directly to the Executive Management of the company. The person in charge will have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced professional and efficient team player. Ultimately, you’ll ensure betahaus’ operations run smoothly across all locations and that all team members are productive. Having a sharp eye on detail and motivation for constant improvement are among the most important skills for the position. The Head of Operations role is pivotal for the long-term success of betahaus and provides great potential for personal and professional development.
the key responsibilities
1. Maintain, synchronize and streamline our operational processes across all locations, a.o.:
– community management: customer onboarding, customer support, community tools and databases; handling post, etc.;
– financial: billing, invoicing, reporting, etc.;
– IT & infrastructure: access, security, wi-fi, printing, etc.;
2. Propose and develop new processes and/or update current ones;
3. Manage vendors and subcontractors (e.g. cleaning services, financial, IT & infrastructure, maintenance & repairs, etc.), including:
– making sure that all services provided are according to the best possible standards and complying with the company’s established rules and regulations;
– overseeing the execution of contracts with existing business partners;
– negotiating best possible terms and developing new agreements.
4. Work closely with both Head of Community and Head of Brand & Communications in order to support them by:
– facilitating the company’s operational processes across all locations;
– implementing and integrating new operational processes when required;
– solving problems with 3rd party stakeholders (vendors, subcontractors and other service providers).
5. Participate in expansion activities, such as designing the operational model for new locations and the implementing of operational processes.
6. Report directly to the Executive Management team on major financial topics such as billing, payments and key metrics (metrics dashboard will be provided).
7. Provide advice and recommendations to the Executive Management on product and business development, operations and finance.
the ideal profile
✔Proven experience in managing operations and processes regardless of the industry;
✔Understanding of and/or experience in the commercial real estate industry;
✔Understanding of coworking and the entrepreneurial ecosystem will be a plus;
✔Working knowledge of IT/office infrastructure will be a plus;
✔Solid communication skills;
✔Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving;
✔Self-motivated, energetic and “ready-to-help” attitude;
✔Fluent in English, mastery of other foreign languages is an advantage.
why work at betahaus?
work environment matters
- a cool and friendly team you matter in
- coworking spirit designed spaces with free coffee and tea drinks
- we encourage power naps
- team gatherings
- get connected with great community of professionals
- dog friendly, bring your dog at work
- flexible working hours
- remote working possibility
- home office possibility
we care, do you?
- full-time labor contract
- additional health insurance
- multisport card
- betahaus mobile plan