E.ON Off Grid Solutions (EOGS) is a start-up company within the E.ON group, providing energy services to rural off-grid communities in emerging markets. They install and operate solar micro-grids incorporating novel technologies, through which they aim to improve life quality by providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy. Currently they are scaling up operations in Tanzania, with plans for expansion to other relevant markets.
They are looking for an experienced Linux system administrator/database engineer to join them on their mission of providing clean energy through innovative technologies.
You will be responsible for managing and developing their back end data systems, which underpin their micro-grid operations. These include remote energy system monitoring, smart metering, mobile money, site network communications, and customer management.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Administration and maintenance of their high availability data platform, as well as further design, development, and deployment of services
- Facilitating the integration of APIs and interfaces that rely on the data platform
- Identifying, assessing, and negotiating with third party service providers
- Strong commitment to detailed documentation and change management
Fascinating work is the norm here – every day brings new challenges. If you are a creative problem solver with a technical mindset, this is the role for you!
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Substantial working experience with Linux, preferably in a high availability /enterprise setting
- Knowledge and experience working with: virtualization, PostgreSQL, networking and VPNs, system monitoring
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative thinking and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary, international team in multiple locations
- Dynamic and flexible start-up environment, with a lot of responsibility
- Competitive salary
- Working at their main office, at the E.ON :agile innovation hub in Düsseldorf
- Occasional travel to their local office in Arusha, Tanzania, as well as to micro-grid site locations
Please submit inquiries and applications (CV + cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org [:]